- Review Handout 19: HIV and AIDS? before running this session.
- On the flip chart write 'True', 'False' and 'Don't Know'.
Flipchart or Board Markers
- To understand the difference between HIV and AIDS.
- Divide the participants into small groups. Hand out a few different HIV statements to each group and ask them to discuss whether they believe the statements are true or false. Allow the participants approximately five minutes for these group discussions.
- Once the groups have finalised their answers, go group by group and ask them their answer to each statement. Write the statement under the appropriate heading on the flip chart (true, false, don’t know).
- Ask for feedback from all participants, then provide an overview of the correct answers.
|HIV and AIDS: Key Facts|