- Discuss the importance of putting trash in trash cans rather than throwing it on the ground. Explain that this keeps our communities cleaner and creates a healthier habitat.
- Mention issues of environmental justice: communities have a right and a responsibility for healthy, garbage-free zones.
- Large piece of paper with a drawing of a trash can in the middle
- Small pieces of 'Trash'
- To understand the importance of properly disposing of trash.
- One participant is blindfolded, spun around, and then must find a way to stick a piece of trash in the trash can. The other girls can help guide her (with words, not hands).
- Ask girls to list common items people throw away. What are some of the ways of disposing of this trash?
- Ask every girl to make an environmental pledge. Write these pledges down and post them at the programme site if possible.