- This activity is geared toward a younger age group and will be more relevant for girls under the age of 16.
- You may want to conduct this activity in tandem with the activity on Wants and Needs.
- Copy of 'Know Your Rights' Poster
- To demonstrate the rights enshrined in the United Nations Convention on Rights of a Child.
- Explain to the girls that they have rights that national and international governments have given them.
- Read through the rights on the Handout 27 – ask the girls what they think each one means.
- Did you know you had these rights? Does this change the way you think about yourself?
- What responsibilities do you have now that you know about these rights?