- This exercise should follow on from Mapping Resources and involves significant advance preparation, including:
- Plan your route in advance and make sure you inform the owner/manager of the places you plan to visit. Ask them if they would like to address the girls to explain what their institutions do.
- Gain consent from parents.
- Ensure there are enough chaperones for the girls.
- To experience institutions in the community.
- To engage with other community members.
- Using the map you built in the Mapping Resources activity, plan a walk around the community to visit the resources identified.
- In each location you visit, ask the person you have spoken to in advance to explain to the girls what they can offer and how girls can access the resources available.
- Encourage girls to ask questions.
- At the end, bring the girls back to the programme site and ask them to discuss what they learned.